Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A letter finally

Dad and I have both been in a funk. I think I need a little vent here. So here goes. It is difficult to see any progress here and I am tired of being treated like a 19 year old elder. We report the same numbers to the branch mission leader on Wed, the district leader at district meeting Tuesday, and again when he calls Sunday, and to the branch president in a meeting Sunday morning, and the mission president once a month. I feel like I am ten and have to report my every move. I feel watched and like I have to almost ask to go to the restroom. A bit too much control. I am hoping the new Branch President is a little less structured for seniors than President Dance was. I am really ready to transfer and get a change. We should transfer the end of the month some time. Have no idea where we will go, but the change will be stimulating. It will also be nice to get regular mail, and decent phone service in the states. So that did feel good!

We kind of missed the 4th Holiday in the states and Canada, July 1 in Canada. We were flown to Juneau again, second time in two weeks, to meet the new mission president. We like him. He seems down to earth but won’t let the elders get out of hand. It was very tiring though. The Hirsch’s put on a barbecue for us so we would feel like the 4th. It was yummy.

We spent Monday being tourists and seeing all the touristy things in Whitehorse. Our friend Tim is bound and determined we are going to see them all before we get transferred. That was fun, but we were dead tired from going to Juneau to meet the new mission president, and it was a bit long for me. We saw an old paddle boat; it was huge and was on the Yukon River during the gold rush. Then we went to a a transportation museum that the men loved and read all the signs. Then we did lunch and the Beringa museum which was about the ice age and wooly mammoths. That was really interesting. They had a couple of movies we got to sit down and watch which helped my feet.

They have a yummy fish and chips place here you would love. The fish pieces are 12 inches long , made with fresh real halibut YUMMY! I ordered 3 pieces thinking they would be small, and had dinner the next day. We get to go to Skagway again Tuesday and see the Birds’, our friends in China, who are on a cruise. I am excited to see them.

Love ya, Mom ReNee

No comments: