Monday, October 31, 2011

Stuff

Just thought I'd write you an update.  We finally got the white shirts, still no sign of the monitor.  I guess we'll just write it off and consider it lost.  Bummer.  From now on we'll definitely insure and put tracking on anything we send up here. 

I put my origional drive back in the computer.  I figured since it was working in the external case it would probably work in the computer.  It is working fine so far.  All of my programs still work, I'm back to Windows 7, sure glad to have it working again.  Hope it keeps up.  We canceled our trip to Juneau to buy another computer, will probably still pick one up when we have to go in December.  It costs us about $400 each time we go just for the ferry and motel, so try not to go anymore often than we have to.  We also postponed our temple trip to Anchorage so we won't buy our snow tires yet, so didn't really have a good reason to go.  We have to go in December for a zone conference, so will stay an extra day and do that stuff then.

Is there any way to make a backup of this program drive and save my programs so I can transfer them onto a different computer when I get one?  I know the backup program only backs up data files.  But I would like to transfer my stuff onto my new computer if it's possible to do.  I know Troy used to have a program called "Ghost" that did it, but I don't have a copy of it anymore.  I think I left it in Idaho.  Don't know if it would work on W-7 anyway, it was for XP when I got my computer that's still in Idaho.  I did make a new backup of all my data, decided I didn't want to lose it if this goes down again.  I also kept the hard drive I took out with the basic Vista on it that I used to make this work then, just in case.  I also transferred all my data off this drive, but so far it seems to be doing OK. (for the last 3 days, anyway!)

Has been quite a week so far.  Bro. Cox that I'm fixing the tractor for went to Seattle for surgery, was having trouble breathing.  Problem with his tracheotomy.  Found he was two quarts low, so they gave him a blood transfusion.  Checked his wife while there, found she has skin cancer so she's going in for surgery tomorrow.  Then Angela Wilde, one of our young less-actives, got blood clots in her legs yesterday and was life-flighted to Juneau yesterday morning.  When she got there they told her that her father from here in Haines had died of a heart attack.  Of course she can't come home because of her condition.  The father used to be a member, but didn't like the church, joined another one and had his name removed from the records.  We're going over today to see if there is anything we can do for the family.  The mom also had her name removed, so don't know how she'll react.  Should be interesting.  Then Sis. Gilman that was to church but didn't look good was life-flighted to Anchorage yesterday afternoon with kidney failure.  She may have to go into extended care there so she can get dialysis three times a week.  An intersting day.

On top of all that, the branch president, President Lehman is leaving next monday to go to Seattle.  His wife hasn't been feeling well, they think she has a brain tumor.  They will probably be gone 6-8 weeks, so I get to run the branch while he is gone.  So glad we're here!  Definitely feel needed!  We did have a fun Halloween party at the church Friday night, carved pumpkins, frosted and decorated cookies.  We had twenty-two come, three familes who are less-active, a non-member.  I think they had fun, but none came to church yesterday.  Probably a good thing.  I spoke about missionary work.

Well, guess I'd better go get ready for the day. Hope you are having a good week!  At least WE don't have any snow yet!

Love ya. Dad.

No comments: