Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Warren's Visit

 

 

 

Dearest family,
I just want you to know how we're doing. We are having a great time with Warren and Tyler Klingler, and I think they're having fun, too. We have done quite a few things so far, but will probably do a bunch more this weekend in Beijing. So far we have gone to Beijing shopping, went to Ancient Culture Street, went to a fabric market where Warren bought material to have a suit tailor made before he leaves, went to dinner several times with friends and students, toured a Russian aircraft carrier, went to a solar energy manufacturing plant, drove by a huge plant that makes windmills, visited CyberMart, and have had them speak in our classes everyday. Whew! I think they're about as tired as we are! We hope to have a more down-sync day today, then after our classes tomorrow we will go to Beijing and visit Tienanmen Square, Forbidden City, the Great Wall, Chinese Acrobats, and the Lama temple, plus the dirt markets, the night markets, and whatever else they want to see. We'll come home Sunday afternoon and pack so they can leave on Monday morning to return to the US. Tyler says he things he's going to have to go home to recover from his vacation! Plus he has to start classes the next day, as he is missing his first day flying home.
I'm sure Warren will write more when he gets home. He has taken a bunch of pictures, but I have a few I'll attach that I've taken. We are really enjoying showing them off to all of our friends. I just wish more of you could have come over, too. But it's definitely not cheap!
If I don't write again until next week, you'll know that it's because I'm trying to revive! I sure love you all! Dad.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: